3 main things to note in Flushing, Queens, New York
Flushing, New York, has plenty of things to see and do – you just need to know where to look. Flushing is close to Mitchell-Linden, Downtown Flushing, and next to Willets Point. If you’re planning to move here or from here and need a place to store your things, let Moishe’s Self Storage help you.
Parks and playgrounds to enjoy the outdoors
- College Point Fields: A space offering field sports and roller-hockey in a 26-acre area.
- Leavitts Park: Area with a soccer field, baseball field, and tennis courts.
- Cadwallader Colden Playground: Semi-large playground close to the community.
- Bland Playground: Set with amenities and a slide. Close to Main St.
- Bowne Playground: Recently made with slides and for toddlers.
- Maple Playground: Small playground with a nearby basketball court.
- Queens Botanical Garden: Originally made in 1939 World’s Fair, this park has gardens and a place for events.
- Kissena Corridor Park: A great place to walk.
- Flushing Meadows Corona Park: Two soccer fields.
- Lawrence Playground: Slide, jungle gym, and misters.
Landmarks and museum to explore
Arguably the most iconic landmark piece in Flushing is the Unisphere, which is a 140-foot tall metal globe made for the 1964 New York World’s Fair. It’s located in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park.
In 2005, the Fitzgerald-Ginsberg Mansion was designated as a landmark. This is a gray brick home on Bayside Ave.
The Queens Museum of Art has a scale model of the City of New York – the largest architecture model ever built.
Prominent culture in the area
The most prominent demographic in Flushing is the Chinese community. The Flushing Chinatown, also known as “Chinese Time Square,” is one of the fastest-growing Chinatowns in New York. With Chinese and Asian restaurants, businesses, and culture; this is the best place to visit for Chinese culture.
Let Moishe’s Self Storage help you store your things. Our Queens Storage Facility is conveniently located near Flushing. We offer over 20 different storage unit sizes, available to individuals, students, and businesses. Moishe’s Self Storage serves all zip codes in the Flushing, New York, area:
RELATED: 15 Top Things To Do In Queens, NY
Contact Moishe’s Self Storage if you’re looking for cheap storage units in New York City to hold wine, art, or other things. Our Manhattan/The Bronx and Queens/Brooklyn Storage Facilities are conveniently located near you. We offer over 20 different storage unit sizes, available to individuals, students, and businesses. Reserve your room, view specials, or contact us.